Position: Office Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
The Office Administrator (OA) will provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director. The OA is responsible for fiscal management and fiscal integrity of accounts receivable and payable. He/She is responsible for the monthly financial statements, which will accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. He/She will ensure, via responsible fiscal management that the organization operates within the approved budget. Other duties include, but is not limited to process payroll, preparing tax return and ensuring compliance with Federal and State governments.
Must have an associate or bachelor’s degree with at least 3 or more years of non-profit experience. Must have budget and financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis and reporting. Responsible for fiscal integrity and management of accounts receivable and payable as well as the monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Operating within the approved budget to ensure maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial state. Proficiency with software such as Quickbooks and Microsoft office is a must.
This position is part-time position at 25 to 30 hours per week. The ability to work flexible hours is necessary with the majority of hours to be worked Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Duties may require working some nights and weekends to accommodate organizational needs and must have prior approval and or be assigned by a supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Secures financial information by completing database backups
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements
- Maintain monthly record of staff vacation and sick leave time
- Maintain and manages billings for accounts receivable
- Create and maintain accounts receivable for interpretations and granters
- File agency related information including but not limited to creating new personnel files, updating personnel files, creating and organize financial files.
- Prepare and verify daily reports
- Prepare daily income and daily journal entry
- Prepare daily deposits
- Reconcile bank account
- Prepare monthly balance sheet schedules
- Assist with preparation of reports for grant requirements, fiscal, reports, meeting reports and memos, at the discretion of the Executive Director
Other Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Has reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Maintains a clean, organized and comfortable environment
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Frequent walking, standing, ascending steps and descending steps
- Lifting up to approximately 20 pounds and occasionally lifting 50 pounds or more
- Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, typing and grasping
- Driving an automobile with or without passengers
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging by means of the spoken word
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels
- Visual acuity is required for monitoring and determining needs of residents, reading forms and entering data
- Moderate exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases
- Occasional exposure to physical risk
- Maintains emotional control under stress
- Work is normally performed in an office and/or residential setting
- Constant interpersonal interactions including speaking and hearing within an office environment
If interested please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to:
Xong Xiong, Executive Director
1815 Ward Ave.
La Crosse, WI 54601
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for application is 8/12/2015. For more information on this employment opportunity please visit our website at www.hmoobagency.org or you can direct your questions and concerns to Xong Xiong at 608-781-5744.
Below is the downloadable PDF file for printing.